Friday 8 April 2011

John Galliano's last show - Women Prêt-à-Porter F/W 2011-2012

A lot of things have been published since this horrible case with John Galliano. I don't want to repeat all the details, because everybody knows them even without my help. What is more, we had tiny pieces of information, which we combined to get more-less clear vision about what's happened.

I absolutely support John and know that we should be able to forgive. I believe the fashion business is really tough, and it's hard to stay cold-minded, so Galliano just was too pressed, too imposed, and drinking was - to his mind - a way to get away from tension and stress.

I become angry when they say Galliano is antisemitic. Just look back on his previous collections. I was really lucky to meet Godfrey Deeny (Fashion Wire Daily) at this point of view, because he knew Galliano for more than 15 years. And we had a nice talk about all this going on. Well, he emphasized several times, that "Once this video was out, he [John] was done. It was all over. There's no way he can be back as a designer. People will never forgive this. Dior house became toxic because of his name." Also, he said John was a genius. A genius who could express himself despite hard times in his life.

This is the video of his last collection, Women Prêt-à-Porter F/W 2011-2012, which was held in a Paris mansion. What was terrible, even editors had to stand, not sit, because at the last moment the show was decided to happen. Firstly it was reported to have been cancelled.

Oh, how I'd like this collection not to be the last! And deep inside I believe, I know that Hope dies last. Enjoy the true masterpiece..



No comments:

Post a Comment